Collections Law: Help for Creditors

Whether you are an individual or a business, not collecting on a debt can put a dent in your finances. You need an aggressive attorney to fight to collect using all the resources available within the means of the law. I will take away the frustration and deal with all correspondence to take the stress away from you.

Why choose an attorney over a collection agency?

As an attorney, I am an officer of the court who knows all of the means available to collect on the debt. I am also able to represent you in any court appearances.

A collection agency is nothing but a middle man who sends annoying letters and phone calls, and if that does not work then turns the case over to a collection attorney.

In Collections, Time is Crucial

The statute of limitations is running! If you have not collected on an oral contract you have two years to file suit, if you have not collected on a written contract you have four years to file suit! Once you have a judgment you have ten years to collect on the judgment, renewable for another ten.

It is essential to contact me immediately so that I can ensure that you file the appropriate paperwork in a timely manner. If this does not happen, then you will have no right to collect on your debt.

I will be open and honest about this process with you.

As an attorney I am bound by the rules of professional conduct for attorneys. I will be honest with you about the time frame of collecting on the debt, and what the chances are of collecting.

You can rest assured that I will aggressively pursue the money that is rightfully yours, and that I will use all of the means available within the law to collect, without resorting to any shady tactics.

I will use all means available within the law to collect.

If you do not know anything about what the debtor owns and how they would be able to pay off the debt, I will find out for you with a debtor’s examination.

Once this is completed I will aggressively go after whatever assets the debtor has. I will secure a writ of execution to levy the debtor’s property. I will also ensure that the debtor’s wages are garnished so that you will get your money faster.

I am also able to put a lien against any property that the debtor owns to make sure that you have a secured interest property which will be critical if the debtor falls into bankruptcy.

If you need to collect because of a construction project that you completed I am able to put a mechanic’s lien against their property and use stop notice rights or bond claim rights to ensure that you will be paid.

Even if your judgment is not from a California court, you may need a California attorney to collect.

If your judgment is from a court not in the United States, I will go through the process of a foreign money judgment enforcement for you.

If your judgment is from a court not in California, I will go through the process of a sister state judgment enforcement. I will be able to fight for your judgment using all of the means available through California law, even if you do not reside in California.

Flexible payment options

I will fight for you either on a contingency basis or hourly, and will help you decide which option is the better choice for you.

How to Contact Bruce A. Wilson, APLC

I make an effort to accommodate urgent matters, and new clients are always welcome. For more information or to make an appointment, please contact me either by:

Telephone: (619) 497-0627


I can be reached by telephone Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You may also use the form below to contact me. This form is answered Monday through Friday during the work day. Please remember that for me to become your attorney, we must first have a written attorney-client agreement signed by both of us, so please do not email any confidential information at this point. After I have reached an agreement with you, we can then exchange information freely. I look forward to helping you.

Contact Information:
Name:    (Required)
E-mail:    (Required)
Home or Cell Phone:
Work Phone:
How may I help you?