Bankruptcy Documentation You Must
Give to Your Assigned Bankruptcy Trustee

1. Real Estate

  • Estimate of value of all real estate you own fully or partially
  • Payoff balance for all mortgages and home equity lines of credit
  • Proof of Insurance: a copy of the declarations page of your homeowner's policy.

2. Income

  • Copies of pay stubs for the 60 days before filing.  If you are not working, you should provide copies of pay stubs for the last 60 day period of your most recent job.
  • Complete copy of your most recent federal tax return including all statements and schedules
  • For self employed individuals, you must provide a profit and loss statement for the past 6 months, and a balance sheet.

3. Motor vehicle

  • Written documentation of the value of your motor vehicle. You can use a Statement of Value from either of these two websites:  www.kbb.com or www.nada.com.
  • A copy of the current vehicle registration, or a copy of the certificate of title.
  • Proof of the payoff balance for any liens that were on the vehicle. A recent car loan statement from your lender will show the balance due on your car loan.  A copy of your credit report showing the release of the lien will also be fine.
  • A copy of the declarations page of your vehicle insurance policy showing the dates and the amounts that you are covered for.
    ***A copy of your insurance card will not satisfy this requirement***

4. Depository Statements

  • Copies of "depository statements" that are current as of the date your bankrutcy case was filed. "Depository statements" includes bank and credit union statements for yourself and your children.


For more information about bankruptcy, please see the other pages in this section:

  1. Basics of Bankruptcy
  2. Getting Started
  3. Pre-Filing Timeline
  4. Post-Filing Timeline
  5. Paperwork
  6. Chap. 7 or 13?
  7. More Information

How to Contact Bruce A. Wilson, APLC

I make an effort to accommodate urgent matters, and new clients are always welcome. For more information or to make an appointment, please contact me either by:

Telephone: (619) 497-0627


I can be reached by telephone Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You may also use the form below to contact me. This form is answered Monday through Friday during the work day. Please remember that for me to become your attorney, we must first have a written attorney-client agreement signed by both of us, so please do not email any confidential information at this point. After I have reached an agreement with you, we can then exchange information freely. I look forward to helping you.

Contact Information:
Name:    (Required)
E-mail:    (Required)
Home or Cell Phone:
Work Phone:
How may I help you?